Interested in working our event? Please fill out our application below.
Thursday, April 20th – Buffalo I-Day – 8 Staff Needed – staff needed between 6:00 a.m. – 6:00* p.m. (approximate shift 10-12 hours)
Buffalo Niagara Convention Center, 153 Franklin Street, Buffalo, NY 14202
Hours are approximate for all staffers based on the need for and availability of shifts.
· Orientation/ Organization and Set up Tasks (6:00 a.m. – 7:15 a.m.) for new staffers
· Registration: (7:20 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.) ALL HANDS ON DECK in Lobby to ensure efficient check-in and name badge distribution. (Lobby will be staffed by someone all day.)
· Door Prize Logging, Collection; Moving, and Set-up: (11:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) We need to take door prizes from the Exhibitors upstairs, log them in a spreadsheet, transport them downstairs, and set them up in the banquet room where the cocktail hour is held.
· Luncheon Seating & Directing Traffic: (12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.) Upstairs, once doors to luncheon open, directing people to their tables, answering questions, etc.
· Checking Badges & Last-Minute Registration: (12:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.) In the Lobby, making sure that all who come and go are wearing a name badge and when the cocktail hour begins, making sure that all who come and go are wearing a name badge.
· Moving items and set-up and door prize security: (12:30 p.m. – 6:00* p.m.) Moving of items such as balloon arrangements and prizes. During cocktail hour, standing by door prizes and ensuring only those who won are taking the prizes, collecting the remaining with Event Planner at the end of the night.
* staffers who may be scheduled to 6:00 p.m. will have the option of going home early at approximately when tasks are completed per hour, payable by the staffing agency.
· Parking fees will be reimbursed.
· The job descriptions listed are samples. You may be asked to complete additional responsibilities not outlined above on the day of the event. Please notify me ahead of time if you have limitations that may prevent you from completing certain tasks.
· Staff will be able to take breaks as needed, and food will be provided.